Hardly any concertgoer today is aware of the rich variety of Swiss music from the classical and romantic periods. The works of once distinguished composers have unjustly fallen into oblivion: among them, for example, Hans Huber (1852-1921), who is sometimes referred to as “the most important Swiss composer of the 19th century”. Even the works of Friedrich Hegar (1841-1927), a composer colleague of Johannes Brahms and first conductor of the Zurich Tonhalle Orchestra, or his successor Volkmar Andreae, who was also a popular composer during his lifetime, are rarely performed any more. The list could be extended considerably with names such as Edouard Dupuy, Fritz Brun, Hermann Suter, Ernest Bloch, Johann Carl Eschmann and Pierre Maurice.
This is where the Swiss Orchestra Society comes in: As sponsor of the Swiss Orchestra, the Swiss Orchestra Society is committed to a re-evaluation of Swiss symphonic music and makes it accessible to a wide audience.
BECOME A PRIMARY DISCOVERER!
As a supporter or patron of the arts you play a major role!
Membership as a supporter
– Concert invitations of your choice
– Exclusive rehearsal attendance invitations
– Mention in the programme booklets (if desired)
– Possibility of placing advertisements in the programme booklets at preferential conditions
– Preview of programme planning for future seasons
– Opportunity to meet and greet conductors and musicians
As a patron, you not only uphold Swiss Orchestra but also enjoy extra benefits.
In addition to the advantages of a sponsoring membership,
– You can make block reservations
– You receive our evening concert programme booklets
– Plus offers tailored to your needs (e.g. cultural programme at the concert venues, insights into orchestral work or conducting, exchange with artistic directors and management)
The Swiss Orchestra Society is domiciled in Basel. Membership fees are tax-deductible in accordance with cantonal tax laws.
Swiss Orchestra Gesellschaft, Elisabethenstrasse 15, 4051 Basel
We will be happy to send you a payment slip on request.
Please contact us by e-mail for this purpose.
Listed in Basel City cantonal commercial register.
Thomas Nordmann (Chairman), Michael Hug, Michele D. Borsotti